DjangoBooks.com

Listening Recommendations?

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    And by the way, I dont know if you know this website, it is basically the original French version of Djangobooks, you have a lot of listening recommendations with a short excerpt to know how it sounds, a critical description etc.
    Worth a look
    http://www.djangostation.com/-Ecouter-.html

Choose a band leader in the scroll menu on the right to explore his discography
  • morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    Wow! Cheers ! I'll get on it. I'll have a look at that website too.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    PapsPier wrote: »
    I dont know what style you are in but here is a varied list of original gypsy jazz with all kind of orientations ( toward American jazz, toward Eastern Europe, to Italy, out of nowhere, with lyrics, really modern, old school).

Angelo Debarre, Gipsy Unity, Trio tout a cordes
    Tchavolo Schmitt, Alors? Voila!

Bugger me, how could I have missed the brilliant Angelo of my list of composers - good call PapsPier.
    always learning
  • QuadropentaQuadropenta New England USANew
    Ameranouche plays locally now and then. I was very impressed with their original instrumental music. Not sure which recording to recommend.
  • morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    This is good stuff people
    I had a look on Spotify for the artists/albums suggested. Those that I found I put into a playlist. If you want to add anything to it feel free ( if it contains original compositions of course )

https://open.spotify.com/user/elinfoot/playlist/0opi2KVqwSVDekV8O4XiS4
    Also, I'm enjoying Paris Music Tales so far too!

terrassierAndrewUlle
    I've been posting using my mobile on the mobile friendly page and had no idea this thread was in classifieds. ..
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    Well, recently i listened to Steeve Laffont Enamoromai's album, its just really beatiul with some pretty nice compositions.

Yorgui Loeffler's For Magnio was awesome to listen to aswell! theres a lot actually, Atoinne Boyer is doing some interesting stuff aswell.

Thanks Eli,
    For magnio was the 2nd gypsy jazz album I ever bought. I love his version of Fiso place.