DjangoBooks.com

Eastman's gypsy prototype

Comments

• errr.. @Bones is there such a thing as straight pliage .... ;)
    gitpicker
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    If and when there is a version with a pliage, I promise it will be bent haha!
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
    So this model has a forced arched top?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • terrassierterrassier France
    dennis wrote: »
    hahaha pliage means "bend" in French

Excellent...............; I thought it meant fold .. but joke still works :)
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 3,319
    Ha ha, well I don't speak French (took it in high school since that's the language a lot of the girls took :-) but didn't learn much as the cute blond behind me kept distracting me). But according to Google it means fold. Yeah I meant 'hot' bent 'pliage' (fold, not arch) as opposed to a cold, forced domed or curved top which most budget guitars have. Not that there are not many fine budget guitars with domed tops. Thanks for the heads up Gitpicker. I'm going to try to make it to NAMM to check them out if I can get some 'free' time.
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    My pleasure Bones! Standard model coming out in January, and another something special coming out in Summer NAMM too. No traditional pliage on this guitar but I brought it up to the management and they were very open to the idea so who knows what the future will bring. There are great guitars out there without a pliage too. My Favinos don't have a pliage and they are amazing guitars, but for pure Selmer punch, it would be cool if that became an option later. I am just extremely excited we have come this far now.
    hotclubdebrampton
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    terrassier wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    hahaha pliage means "bend" in French

Excellent...............; I thought it meant fold .. but joke still works :)

yes Fold is a much better word.. I guess you're a much better translator than I am!

• BonesBones Moderator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 3,319
    Denis how does one say pliage in Sinti? :-)

Ok thread officially hijacked.
    alton
  • wimdenwimden BelgiumNew GALLATO RS-39 BOUCHE O
    Could it be: bandszaripe?