DjangoBooks.com

A morning tune w/Myself & Ben Powell @ 12500ft in the Himalayas

roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
edited December 2017 in Welcome Posts: 91
A quick Pavane before heading to higher (and even colder elevations)..Excuse the clams...our hands are swollen and cold :) Ben is playing a $50 violin (bow included) off of amazon & I'm playing a little backpack guitar that we carried 250Kilometers through the mountains.

MichaelHorowitzBucoCraig BumgarnerbillyshakesterrassierNylonDavenomadgtrBillDaCostaWilliamsmarkseale

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Now there's something you don't see every day! Very good guys and thanks for sharing! Can I ask the name of the village and the big mountain in the background? Looks like a wonderful trip, enjoy!
  • roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    Thanks :) we are near Samagaon..As recently as the 60's it had been so remote that westerners were chased out with rocks and sticks when they would be seen. Behind us is the 6th highest mountain in the world "Manaslu" 8163 meters.
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    Beautiful music. Beautiful scenery. Heaven on Earth? Shangri-La? Hmmm, I wanna go.
    roch@rochlockyer.com
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    A most romantic Faure for you and Ben.
    (I'll get my coat...)

D.
    roch@rochlockyer.com
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    I thought it might be Manaslu. Could tell if you guys are at 12500', then that mountain in the background was really up there. I've seen the profile of Manaslu in pictures and had a suspicion. I'm an armchair fan of mountaineering, especially the high altitude stuff, though I've never gotten remotely close to the Himalaya in anything other than media.

Enjoy your trek, I envy you, you're living the dream! I'm sure it will be the trip of a lifetime.
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    edited December 2017 Posts: 476
    More evidence of humans seeking a higher place of culture.
    Nicely done!
    roch@rochlockyer.com
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Great view, great sound - inspiring!
    Is the backpack guitar one of the more upmarket models?
    roch@rochlockyer.com
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool...or cold.
  • roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    Thanks Fellas :)
    Good guess Craig..Cool that your into mountains! I've been going to that part of the world for 20+ years. Manaslu is like Annapurna's trek 25 years ago but not for long. I've been to 6100meters before but have never chosen to bag one of the peaks..I have mixed feelings about what goes on with westerners and climbing etc We are back now..this was from a few weeks ago. We did another take on the top of Larke Pass at 17300 that's on Facebook :). Bill..It's the Taylor Backpack Guitar.