DjangoBooks.com

K&K Pure Mini

2»

Comments

When I used a K&K floating bridge pickup, instead of placing contacts under the feet of the bridge, I'd put it under the arch of the bridge and stick something between the bridge and the pickup contact to make it snug.
    Worked fine. There's a thread I wrote about it if you're interested.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Shimmed the bass end equal height and no problems. Using lowest Dupont bridge and never noticed any difference.
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    edited December 2017 Posts: 476
    Buco, what inspired you to do that? Is it still working for you or have you taken to some other way to amplify? I noticed that K&K has gone to a system something like you describe for their selmac design pickup.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
    Jeff, it was because I felt placing the contacts as directed deadened the acoustic sound, besides changing the action. So by doing what I did, it seemed like I kept the acoustic sound with the same action and the amplified sound seemed to be the same.
    However I sold it and now I use Myers microphone, feather model and a Krivo pickup depending on the situation and my mood.
    With K&K, the problem I had at the time was I'd setup the sound during soundcheck but when the room would fill up, the setting I used during soundcheck would kick in the feedback. I was reasonably happy with the sound though.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    edited December 2017 Posts: 476
    Yeah, having those pads under the bridge feet makes it harder to get the bridge seated properly and set up correct. Though I've used the floating bridge for years on numerous guitars, I've noticed that there is more sweetness in K&K's original design - pure mini.
    I have a guitar that I don't mind gluing inside of. I'm gonna try the mini as its totally inside (out of the way) and maybe get a gentler sound.
    If I can figure out a glue that let's me undo and redo the position of the dots without compromising a rigid adhesion, that'd be nice.
  • I have the k&k pure mini in two of my petite bouche guitars, and I love it for what I do. I only use the electric signal to loop a rhythm track, then I go full acoustic to play over the top. Dial those in just right, and they sound tits. The only hard part was finding someone with a skinny enough arm to put the sensors under the bridge. I was shaking the hands of hot mommies for two weeks until I found a lady that could fist my guitar- got the pics to prove it!
    Where did you attach the elements of the K&K inside the guitar to achieve the good results? Did you try various positions?
  • mak009mak009 New

It's been a while since I raised this post. FWIW I settled on a Miller magnetic (on a Gitane 250M) and it works pretty well. It just fits under the strings and you can pass the cable back to an endpin socket so it looks quite tidy.

I'm afraid I've come to the conclusion that pretty much all transducers (under saddle or button type) all come from the same or similar factory relying on century old tech- and then you EQ it!

And yes, after 40+ years pro playing I've come to a similar conclusion with electric guitar PUP's.

Wire.

Magnet.

Sound.

Hope I don't offend anyone with my simplistic conclusions but the proof is in the superb sounds produced a long time ago and the superb sounds produced today- by good players.

chrs