DjangoBooks.com

Beginner gear

2»

Comments

@comeau69 are you still in NYC area? If so I would go to a jam at Barbes and ask who's teaching these days and if somebody is selling a guitar. Same thing with a jam at Bistro Fada. Or go see Stephane or Olli play at Barbes, they're there at least once a month, ask about lesson etc... They're both approachable, easy to talk to.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • You cant go wrong in getting advice from Michael H here at Djangobooks. He has soundclips of all his higher end guitars and is a great resource.
    MichaelHorowitz
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent
    I simply googled "gypsy jazz guitar teacher" and the name of my town, which led me to my teacher. Interestingly, i tried that several years back & couldnt find one. The next best thing to a teacher might be online instruction, combined with a GJ guitar partner to jam with and exchange ideas with.
  • Kyle_M_ImlahKyle_M_Imlah Perth, AustraliaNew Shelley Park Modele Encore #332
    Stringphonic?