DjangoBooks.com

Rino van Hooijdonk course: Django-style fills

2»

Comments

• PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    Got the course! I like it. So much material, I don't even know where to start :)
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I know I have the same problem. One thing I have done is print off the tab and notation so I have something to go through slowly with. Thanks to the guys for producing this.
    always learning
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Well, I've just finished recording all Rino's lessons to CD's so I can listen to them in the car. The material filled three CD's! But I want to get so familiar with it all that it becomes well and truly lodged into my thick 65 year old skull...

Man, I sure got my forty bucks worth. I can tell I'm going to be working on all this wonderful stuff for the next year, minimum.

Thanks again, Adrian, Nick and Rino!

Will

PS Just one more question, if Rino would be so kind as to indulge my idle curiosity...

Let's just take the section of intros and outros as one example, though I could ask the same question of just about any section...

Rino: did you have to sit down and carefully plan out the examples you gave?

Or are these just the kind of tricks that you use all the time, without really thinking about them very much?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • willballardwillballard Northampton, UKNew Ger Boonstra, Leo Eimers, Aylward, Mac10
    Hi Will

How did you manage to copy this material onto disc?

Regards
    Will
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    @ langodjango.. I know for sure that Rino didn't "plan" anything ahhahaha. Everything he did and all the examples were just him playing in the style that he's developed over the years. We gave him suggestions about what topic to cover and he just did his thing!
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Nick... wow, that is awesome, the depth of Rino's knowledge. His style is so authentic sounding that it's hard to tell where the 'Django' leaves off and where the 'Rino' kicks in!

Willballard, re: copying the stuff onto CD... admittedly, it was a bit of a bother, and I wouldn't usually do this, but I am planning to be working on this stuff for a long time, so it was worth several hours of my time to record it.

I'm a Mac user, so unfortunately I can't offer any tips on how to do this on any other platform, but here goes...

-I have a twenty dollar gizmo called an iMic, which allows you to connect your computer's eighth inch output jack to your USB input port.

-I played Rino's lessons on SoundSlice and used the iMic to record them onto a programme that came with my Mac called "GarageBand" (it's probably very similar to "Audacity" though I haven't actually used that one)

-Then using GarageBand, I "shared" the recordings to iTunes.

-Then using iTunes, I burned the recordings to CD's.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    That's why he's one of my heros!
  • gabalbassgabalbass New
    Hi @adrian There are some songs that don’t have the chords, like Fate and Coquette, I think we all know the chords of those songs, but it is useful to see them when studying isolated parts

Thanks!
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    gabalbass wrote: »
    Hi @adrian There are some songs that don’t have the chords, like Fate and Coquette

Thanks for the pointer — I've just filled those in. :)

Adrian
  • gabalbassgabalbass New
    adrian wrote: »
    gabalbass wrote: »
    Hi @adrian There are some songs that don’t have the chords, like Fate and Coquette

Thanks for the pointer — I've just filled those in. :)

Adrian

Thanks!!