DjangoBooks.com

Douce Ambiance Django's original chords vs commoly played today

1235»

Comments

I came up with something of my own for the first two A's following everyone's advice. Was gonna make a video today and post it and I got distracted.
    But it was a good distraction, transcribed the first A of Django solo on Paramount Stomp. Will try to get to it tomorrow.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Buco, looking forward to checking it out. So many possibilities.

(Yet) another option for the intro (with the D pedal on the high E string, 10th fret.

xx77710...xx88810...xx99910...xx10101010...xx8101010...xx88810...xx77810...xx77710
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 4,737
    Ok Bones, you made me do it. Here it is warts, farts and all. I'll try to polish it and record another version. This is unlisted. What I really wanted to do on B part was to explore the ideas from the spread triads that Dave mentioned (honestly, while I recognize some shapes, I had no idea the concept existed, embarrassing I know) but time is running out. Instead I took the easy road.
    Who knew where this was going to end up for me?! I got my answer from Paps right away.
    The other day a guy was asking about the best course our there. I was thinking to myself "man, this forum is the best course out there" or one of the best, seriously.
    Thanks guys:

PS look, no pick in site!?!
    NylonDave
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, great ideas! Love it!
    Thanks Bones, I'll continue to work on this one. There's a lot more I could do on a B part especially.
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Buco wrote: »

PS look, no pick in site!?!

:)

• edited June 2019 Posts: 4,737

Inspired by Django in June, especially sending a shout out to @dennis for motivation, I finally sat down to make something out of that pile of mess I did awhile ago: