Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

marc4045 Samthedjangologist

Who's Online (1)

• Jim Anderson 2:31AM

Dino Mehrstein has a new CD out

Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
Hey Friends,

Dino Mehrstein has a new CD out (or about to be released) and you can here some new tracks here:

http://dinomehrstein.free.fr/disque.html

Dino is cool. The first track sounds to me like he's been listening to Al Gafa's "Leblon Beach" record.

Best,

Ted

Comments

• stochestoche ParisNew
    Yes...!

And there is an new Daniel Givone ("Gatito") and a new Saussois/Alma Sinti too...

Vive la France!

stoche
  • brandoneonbrandoneon Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France✭✭✭
    and a new Saussois/Alma Sinti too...

Hi stoche,

Nice review of the new album at djangostation. By the way, do you know anything about the upcoming Alma Sinti DVD from DjangoFest Northwest?

Here's to another 10 years of Alma Sinti!!

- Brandon
  • stochestoche ParisNew
    Thanks!

The new album is great, with nice string quartet on two tracks (reminding Crolla) and the excellent musician Dominique Vernhes.

I've heard about the Alma Sinti's DVD too, but I know no more... I'll try to go ans see Saussois in concert soon and will try to get fresh informations between the sets...
    Bye,
    stoche
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Elan 14 - Altamira M10
    Resurrecting this old thread. Anyone know what happened to Dino? I picked up his Point de Depart CD in Samois around 2004. Really enjoyed it but I haven't seen much from him since. Anyone know if he is still making music? His website above seems stale from this above-mentioned CD release in 2006.
  • Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    Dino has been dealing with some personal issues. He's still playing but I don't think too much outside of Strasbourg. Check youtube, there are some more recent videos up.
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Elan 14 - Altamira M10
    Thanks Ted. Always worry about "issues" when an artist of talent just disappears from a scene. I'll look for the vids.
  • Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    Check the his album "Intuitions" from 2006. Some great arrangements and ideas on that CD and it was pretty progressive for the time. Rhythm guitarists check out Franko. He is one of the best guys out there.