DjangoBooks.com

Krivo cable length

Can anyone who owns or has access to a Krivo Nuevo tell me what the cable length is? Thanks in advance.

Comments

About 10ft.
    Do you need exact length?
    Jim KaznoskyMichaelHorowitz
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Nope...your estimate will do just fine. Thanks Buco.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Strange, mine is a couple of inches over eight feet. Did I get short changed?
  • 8 feet is still enough. I'm getting it just in time for a gig and wanted to make sure I had enough slack. Should be plenty.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    I like them, easy to use and a good sound, but some have criticised the fixed cable and have suggested a socket and separate cable would be more practical as it could be hard to repair if it were pulled out. It may be wise to restrain it somehow under the body or at least be careful it can't get stepped on.
    Jim Kaznosky
  • I have a Peche with the exact specifications that you mention and it works extremely well for me....just does not fit the guitar I bought the Krivo for. I'm a little nervous about the fixed cable, but I'll have to wait and see.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 4,738
    I have two, use them as a single humbucker. One is like I said 10' 4". The second one is closer to what Chris says.
    I know the cables are going to break at the pickup side one day. The insulation already broke on one of them but the wire is still ok. No idea what to do when it goes...
    Gotta do some brain storming, will post if I think of something...

PS I guess I'll just try a few coats of liquid electrical tape. Some kind of strain relief would be nice but the cable isn't much thinner than the pickup. A heat shrink tube at the time of the assembly would've been good. Maybe I'll remove a jack and slip a piece but I'm not sure if it's going to help because the cable is breaking exactly at the point where it enters the pickup.
    I'll post pictures tomorrow.
    Before and then after a few coats of liquid electrical tape. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

92463lka8cca.jpg

7m9sqmz69kmd.jpg
    This is what I used, it drips, pay attention and protect the floor:

s2ag515gajwz.jpg
  • Thanks Buco.