DjangoBooks.com

Vivaldi

NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
in Technique Posts: 462
Sunday Morning hung over, argh, listening to a Vivaldi Sopranino Recorder Concerto in bed... yum !

So I snuck away with my Flamenca to share some sweetness with her on the stairs. I hoped solely to bring Vivaldi out but another Tony also came along with a little Django and I was there too.

Maggie, nose bothering her, snuck out after, phone in hand, hoping to catch me in the middle of something.

It is probably fortunate that I wasn't trying to swing at the time.

I Didn't quite know where to put this but my classical technique is novel as a basis for improvisation so here it is.

Maybe I should start bringing my own pyjamas when I visit.

D.
altonShemiBucoHugh HuffakerBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Wonderful playing, Good Sir.
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Lovely playing
    Dave! Finally man, it's about time.
    Sounds good! Stairs compliment your soft touch but you make it sing.
    Pyjamas I'm not an expert on so I won't comment. Mine mostly consist of t-shirts I stubbornly want to keep but my wife is passively trying to let me know she doesn't want me to wear in public like my NoMeansNo t-shirt.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • husyhusy Seattle✭✭✭
    Sounds really nice. I hear more Johann than Tony in your playing, though. Do share more...
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Love the tone, I wish I could get that sound....................BUT!
    (lack of talent aside) I live in a single storey house; with no stairs!
    What to do?
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Ah, the acoustic benefits of a close. Looking and sounding good.
    always learning
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    That was fun...I don't think I should ask about the pajamas.
  • Nice playing. Thank you.
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    I have wondered why Dave doesn't own any picks, especially while belonging to a forum such as this - which is home to what are likely some of the most pick-obsessed folks on the planet. Now I see why. He does not require any.
    Buco
    alton wrote: »
    especially while belonging to a forum such as this - which is home to what are likely some of the most pick-obsessed folks on the planet.

Haha, my thoughts exactly!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel