DjangoBooks.com

March Manouche Wales, UK 2018

crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
in Welcome Posts: 921
A weekend of Gypsy Jazz and Swing Manouche set in the glorious town of Menai Bridge.

Featuring... Angelo Debarre, Denis Chang, Hot Club Two, Latchepen, Paul Gregory, Swing From Paris, Duved Dunayevsky, Jonny Hepbir and the Manouchetones with Daniel John Martin.

The 2018 edition of the festival will include concerts throughout the weekend, jams in multiple pubs and venues, workshops from top players, and 1 to 1 lessons.

All of the concerts will now be held in The Victoria Hotel and the workshops and late night jamming will be held just a short, 5 minute walk over the bridge in The Antelope.

Camping is now available! Other accommodation and travel information is available on the website www.marchmanouche.co.uk/accommodation--travel

This year's festival is going to be bigger and better than ever - we can't wait to see you there!

Tickets at www.marchmanouche.co.uk/book-tickets
always learning

Comments

• ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Just chatting with my wife about this. I've never been to a manouche festival (or a proper jam for that matter!) so I'm hoping this will be my first! Great line up as well ☺️
  • ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    Really looking forward to the 2018 festival.

Will be great to see you there Alan.
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Just bought my ticket with the beginner workshops option. Very excited and
    looking forward to hopefully making some new friends ☺️
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    You'll love it and you will definitely make lots of new friends. The whole structure of the weekend and the people who attend make it a really friendly event. I hope to make it too, depending on what happens with a planned stem cell transplant. If I don't make it I will be so gutted given that Angelo Debarre is on the bill and he is one of my absolute favourites in the GJ world.
    always learning
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    I really hope you can make it Alan. Looks like a good time.

D.
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Good luck with the treatment Alan, if you manage to make it I'll buy you a pint! ☺️ Angelo is one of my all time faves as well.

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Cheers guys, here's hoping.
    always learning
    That is a pretty amazing line up. Glad to hear Paul Gregory is still in the game and around. One of his old videos is still in my YouTube favorites from way back then.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Hi guys, can I ask some advice on preparation so I can get the most out of the experience. I want to start expanding my rep which currently consists of:

Minor Swing
    Minor Blues
    Djangos Tiger
    Coquette
    Lulu swing
    Bossa Dorado
    Honeysuckle Rose
    After you've gone
    Hungaria
    Dinah
    All of me
    I'll see you in my dreams

These songs I know the heads and changes for without any charts and can solo over (to the best of my ability anyway!lol).

In the works and close to being added to the above:

Troublant Bolero
    I can't give you anything but love (I keep forgetting the second part of the head!)
    Djangology
    Nuages

So what other songs would be beneficial to know and likely to be encountered?
    Josechiky
    I'd add in

Danse Norvegiene
    J'Attendrai
    Je Suis Seul Ce Soir
    Swing Gitan
    Joseph Joseph - which is eally just a slightly altered version of Minor Swing
    It Had To Be You
    Douce Ambience

Cheers
    Shemi
    always learning