DjangoBooks.com

Anyone use a Lace Ultra Slim?

Do these really sound "acoustic," compared to a Stimer? If so, how does it compare to a Krivo? Krivo is advertised as being a cheaper Stimer (half price, so hard to argue), but in a previous discussion people said it was more "acoustic" than Stimer. Generally people dismiss magnetic for the acoustic sound (all I ever see anyone use is Stimer (for electric Django sound) or Pro 70 (for acoustic)).

Some actual comparison videos would get a lot of views! I can't find hardly any discussion or any videos of anyone using a Lace pickup.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2017 Posts: 4,738
    There's been a fair amount of discussion on Lace Slim pickup (I can look for it later when I'm on PC) but no actual videos with it on GJ type guitars that I remember.

I use Krivo too. Krivo is a very versatile pickup. I can sound more acoustic or electric Django style or even archtop sounding. It all depends on which amp you use and how you EQ it. There's sort of a misconception that Krivo is either this or that but it's not a one trick pony.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @Tydides I don't think you're ever going to get anything really close to acoustic from any magnetic pickup as there are inherent limitations of that technology (i.e. limited frequency response, compression, etc) which will prevent it from accurately reproducing the sound of an acoustic instrument. With that said, some magnetic pickups are less colored and brighter than others and I'd say the Lace is more like that. So relatively speaking, it will color the sound much less than the Stimer will.