DjangoBooks.com

Adjustable bridge that works-finaly

2»

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 3,707
    Thanks @Buco Email sent to Jeremy.

Going to try it on both my Dunn and my DuPont
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 4,732
    That's cool Jay.
    What I did is I took measurements of the current bridge height, width between the mustache pieces, string spacing... I think that was it.
    If your guitars are on the bright side of spectrum, I'd bring that up and talk the choice of wood with him. Although what this bridge does is it opens up the sound, doesn't brighten it.
    Only thing don't expect express delivery. He's doing this in his spare time away from his day job and home projects and everything including milling the poles and nuts is done by hand one at the time.
    Actually check out his website, he's done some extraordinary stuff with wood.
    http://www.surrounds-studio.com
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Hmmm....that bit about wood choice is interesting. I will take the measurements and call him.
    I may be jumping ahead of myself, best talk to him.
  • Its a good topic to chat about. Its his bridge and likely still in the learning process. I would go with his thoughts on it.
    I kinda based that on when I asked him during the ordering process if you could in the future get the top part made out of different types of wood to play around with different characteristics different woods bring. To which he said "that's the idea man".
  • pdgpdg ✭✭
    It's not only the saddle wood. We are experimenting with different light (but strong and machinable) metals -- obviously we don't use the standard alloys used in archtop bridges.
    Buco