DjangoBooks.com

Duved Dunayevsky: The 1930s Django sound

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
in Welcome Posts: 545

Hot off the presses: The great Duved Dunayevsky has put together a Soundslice instructional course on the 1930s Django style. It launched today.

I helped produce this course, and I'm confident in saying there's no other course like it, in terms of the specific focus on the early Django period. And there's no other player like Duved, for that matter! Close your eyes while listening to him and you'd swear it was an early Hot Club recording. :-)

Like everything on Soundslice, the majority of proceeds go directly to the artist (in this case, Duved). Here's lots more info: https://www.soundslice.com/store/1930s-django-sound/ It includes eight performances recorded specifically for this course.

Adrian
JosechikywimMichael S HarringtonBucoaltonpickitjohnScoredogMichael BauerCharles MeadowsMichaelHorowitz

Comments

• sbrigersbriger New
    Hey Adrian, That looks very cool. Does he explain what he's doing in the performances or does one have to figure that out on one's own?
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    @sbriger — The performances during the first half are explained, and the ones in the second half are left for you to analyze using the information you learned in the first half, though in both cases every note is transcribed. Frankly there's quite a lot to be learned from the performance transcriptions themselves!
    Josechiky
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Wow,Adrian,thank you so much for this one!I'll be getting it for sure!
  • I'm missing DiJ this year, so I will definitely purchase this and the Serge Krief material. Nice work, as usual, Adrian.
  • Bought this as soon as I saw the post. Very nice work to you Adrian, as well as Duved (who I did not know until now!). The instructional material is spot on to the early Django sound. Well worth the $$$ for some dense material!

Just out of curiosity- Adrian, did you play rhythm for Duved's examples?

Mike
    Josechikyadrian
  • sbrigersbriger New
    What's the Serge Krief material, Jim?
  • @sbriger DC Music (Denis Chang) is putting out some material featuring Serge Krief. I believe Serge was in Montreal last week shooting video with Denis as Serge will be teaching at Django in June
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Just out of curiosity- Adrian, did you play rhythm for Duved's examples?

No, that was fellow Amsterdam resident Nick Sansone. I will add proper credit to the course description! :-)

Adrian
    Michael S Harrington
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    The demo is very promising. If I closed my eyes I could be convinced it was some lost Django recording. Bravo!
    Charles MeadowsMattHenry
    It's just stupendously​ awesome how he can sound like Django reincarnated and at the same time you can't put him into "oh he's trying to copy Django" basket. He's a 100% originally himself.
    I can't wait, I mean I can't wait to hear him in the class at DiJ.
    MattHenry
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel