DjangoBooks.com

Alves de puga oval - anyone own one?

constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
Hi

Ran across one used for a good price but its not close enough for me to actually play

Anyone ever play one of these (oval hole)

Thanks

Dean

Comments

@Chiefbigeasy owns one, hopefully he'll check in here.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Yes, I do own a special DR 670 with cocobollo back and sides. Picked it up from Michael in December 2014.
    constantine
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    here's a link to Chiefbigeasy's guitar?
    http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/alves-de-puga
    constantine
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Chiefbigeasy...how do you like it?
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    I like it quite a lot. It was my only guitar until I picked up my MDC50. I found the neck a little thicker than the Altamira D-hole I had for a while, and it's thicker than my Dupont neck as well. It's also a bit larger than the MDC50 in the body, but I guess that's the style of guitar it is. I've use mostly silk and steel strings, and the guitar is quite responsive and present, as well as loud as necessary.

I think Michael's description was spot on, but I don't have many other guitars in the area to compare it too. The additional video by the luthier sold me on it. At this quality build and price level, I can't see that it's any less a guitar than the top brands.

PM me if you want more info or want to talk, but it's not for sale at the moment.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Thats great I appreciate the input. I am considering buying one of these and just didn't know anything about the guitar so you've helped me a lot. Thanks, Dean