DjangoBooks.com

Places that sell Cigano GJ-10 & ship international (to the uk)

Any kind advice where I can buy for best price with international shipping, cigano are rarely sold in UK and are too expensive when they do sell them.

Alternative guitars are also welcomed as I'm am learning Gypsy Jazz for first time & Gigano looked good.

Thanks

Comments

You should call and talk to Michael, I'm pretty sure some people have said it's cheaper to buy from him and have it shipped than buying in Europe.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • bbsbakerbbsbaker New
    Thanks Buco I have sent him a message hopefully he will respond soon enough.

Itching for my first Gypsy Jazz Guitar.

Which is better the Cigano GJ-10 or Paris Swing? Can't make my mind up!
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    edited April 2017 Posts: 119
    bbsbaker wrote: »
    Which is better the Cigano GJ-10 or Paris Swing? Can't make my mind up!

They're both good guitars. The Paris Swing costs $200+ more. If your looking to spend that much, you could consider adding the "Set Up Special" and/or a hard case for the Cigano.
  • renzokrenzok Perú✭✭ Geronimo Mateos Audrey
    here in djangobooks.
    I bought a gj15 with case 2 years ago and im in latin america
    Shipping was super fast and the guitar arrived in top condition
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I have had both guitars and they are both good entry level guitars. The Paris Swing wasn't as loud, for some reason. The Cigano is a nice guitar, but I've played a few and they are not all nice. Overall, I would buy the Cigano, if it is a good one. Don't be in such a hurry, a nice used guitar may find you if you're patient, and start networking. Here is a link to a place in Germany that sells Ciganos: https://www.gypsyguitar.de/guitars/cigano/
    I would think that Saga has a much more proven track record with these entry level guitars.
    If you talk to Michael there's a good chance that he will hand pick a good one for you.
    I'd also think that Cigano would have a slightly better resale value once you want to trade up. But a lot of people end up keeping their Ciganos if they got the good one.
    wim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • bbsbakerbbsbaker New
    Cheers thanks for the advice! Think I will buy a new Cigano from Michael & ask him hand pick a good one for me. You sure he won't mind that?

And from what I have read most people do hold on to them so must be for a good reason. And like you said Buco they have a better proven track record.

Wish me luck chaps & will update when it arrives :)

Thanks
    Buco
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Just bear in mind that if you're buying from the USA you will be liable for import duty so check the price.
    always learning
  • bbsbakerbbsbaker New
    Just check shipping cost with django book & it's $150 to ship internationally? Is that right? That seems too expensive to ship something & like you say import costs on top!
  • bbsbakerbbsbaker New
    Yeah I know but they are over £500 which is too much for me to pay. What alternatives do I have then guys?