DjangoBooks.com

DC Music School (first non-beta version) page live now!

124»

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Is there a preview page or sample to check out first or do you just have to buy the program. I already have some of the DC stuff but none with the soundslice interface.

I would Love to check it out.
  • All of the modules I bought have Adrian's slow down. Pick a module that you own, click on a video in the module, and look to the bottom lower left side of your screen. Move the slider to the left to slow the video down or to the right to speed it up. To loop, highlight the area of the waveform that you are interested in looping and press play.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    pickitjohn wrote: »
    Is there a preview page or sample to check out first or do you just have to buy the program. I already have some of the DC stuff but none with the soundslice interface.

You don't need to buy anything separate — everything's included with your DC Music School purchase. View any video on dc-musicschool.com and you'll have the ability to slow down and loop. Only a couple of the courses have synced notation at this point, but everything has the looping and slow-down capabilities.

Adrian
  • JojoJojo London UK
    @adrian When I highlight a part of the song for looping, playing back at 50%, it only plays that loop once at 50% then plays the loop at 100%. Any ideas? (its a Windows 8.1 system)
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Would be cool to see a list of courses with synced notation and/or maybe some indicator on the store page to denote which ones have it. Thanks! Will be purchasing several more lessons soon :)
    pickitjohn
  • pral16pral16 New
    Thanks, Dennis and Adrian. I understand now. The content of the lessons is awesome. Keep up the great work!
  • steffosteffo New
    Hi,
    Is the old interface still available at another address?

I just noticed that I seem to have to download each PDF of a package separately, and then this single file doesn't have a human-friendly name, EG the link in the browser appears as "AM-Vol1-Support-Sheet.pdf" which is useful, but the downloaded file is called
    "c64872f0a4fb4f119c4cccfe93947c27.pdf".

Not nice, but see further down.

BTW actually hovering over the link says already
    "https://www.dc-musicschool.com/scorefiles/c64872f0a4fb4f119c4cccfe93947c27/"

Okay, I did the above download with right-clicking and choosing "save as" (on mac), because I wanted to put it at an for me usable place.

Just clicking another link (without modifier keys), EG
    "AM-After You've Gone.pdf"
    results in a local file of the same name.

Good!

But in the old interface I could get a ZIP containing a folder with a practical name containing good filenames for all PDFs at once.
    Better.

Something else:
    Are there no free previews, downloads, anymore?

Thanks (and sorry for bad english and convolution)
    steffo

PS: I like the new interface for playback!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Hi Steffo!

I've already sent a list of suggestions to Adrian, this was one of them ;-)

When I have a bit of free time, I'll reupload the zip files for easy access. I'll try to do it this coming week, or next week.

It's gonna take a little bit of time, because I have to redownload many of the files myself.

I made the mistake back then of putting all the transcriptions on different hard drives. I have a huge collection of hard drives to store all the master files ,and each hard drive has 2-3 DCMS lessons, and all the transcriptions are spread over 20 hard drives.

I've only started storing all my transcriptions in my main hard drive, so I have to redownload the old ones from the DCMS site. It's faster that way than having to look for each individual hard drive, which like an idiot, I did not label... Yes Yes i know, i'm stupid.

Buco