DjangoBooks.com

RIP Larry Coryell

Micheal IrwinMicheal Irwin ✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 49
Larry was an amazing musician.... among many others he recorded with Stephen Grappelli...Chet Baker, Miles Davis, Paco De Lucia, Birelli..He was also my teacher and friend...He played Samois and had so much respect for Django ...I had the privilege to play a few Django tunes with him...after a few years, I got to know him better..he ws a very caring, special person..RIP my friend
pickitjohn

Comments

• altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Sorry to hear. I had never met him, but I am a fan and have seen a lot of interviews with him. He seemed like such a nice, warm person.
    That's very sad. Another one of the living legends of jazz guitar went on. I didn't listen to his music a lot but I was well aware of his reach on the world of jazz guitar and music.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • steffosteffo New
    Buco
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Sad to hear this.....I actually played with him quite a bit when he lived in Seattle 20 years ago.
    Josechiky
  • RIP Truly a wonderful musician
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    I saw him in concert in the 70's, very electric, with a full band. At the end of the show he did a fifteent minute solo piece, which is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard with my own ears. A sad day today.........we were all lucky to have heard him.