DjangoBooks.com

365 gypsy jazz licks done

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
Well it took me a little while but they are done. Now I am going back rerecording, correcting, and throwing out/replacing all the old/early ones. No more long intros or explanations just getting right to the lick, playing them at multiple speeds and hopefully correcting any fingerings or technique issues.

They are all done but I have them scheduled to release 1 a day so they are not all public yet, but they are all up on youtube. A lot of Olli licks at the end that I really enjoyed.

jonpowlBucot-birdHugh Huffakerlewischang88andrewhannumpickitjohnNoneCharles Meadows

Comments

• Awesome!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Kung I'll check it out!!
    Wow!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • What a lot of work. Phew
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    I am doing some absolute beginner licks - I have an ensemble of 2x 10 yr olds and a 14 yr olds who are just starting so really simple beginner licks as I start teaching them. Do you think I should put them on the same channel or put them somewhere else?

It is amazing that when you work with a kid just starting there are some things easier to teach them then an adult who already has their bad habits (like I did :0)). After one lesson they all got their first m6 chord and had the pompe sounding dark and chunky. No upstroke of course but I was impressed and didn't expect it to go so well.

Any tips for people who have taught young kids GJ? It is kind of an experiment for me so I appreciate it if anyone has done it before and wanted to share their experience.
    BucoPetrov
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yeah please post them. Probably more at my level :-)

Not sure, maybe a new channel??? Or not???

thanks
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Great work Aaron! Will you be posting the .pdf tabs on your web site? I think I have all of the .pdf's through 315.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Just my opinion I definitely start a new channel for beginner licks. That's a lot of work and I'd like to compliment you on your efforts
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jon - I think Denis kind of convinced me of the avoid the sheet music method so instead I just do them at lots of tempos for guitarists who themselves are working at different speeds. Maybe sometime in the future but I have a baby in the house now and don't have the time :0)
    Petrov
  • therealguyfitherealguyfi Milwaukee, WINew Barault
    Why can't I view this, it says "please sign in" but I am signed in