DjangoBooks.com

gitane lulo model opinions, general gitane reviews

blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
hi, i would like to start a thread dedicated to the saga gitane guitar reviews. has anyone played the lulo model, what did you think. also, what do you all think is the best in the gitane line,likes and dislikes, necessary upgrades, and are the european players using them. thanks
shut up and play your guitar

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I have played and worked on all of the Gitane models. Not the 320 yet but will soon.

The 310 and the 300:

300 has a Selmer style neck. They got the neck right on this one!
    310 has a thinner neck but still comfortable. Not too thin like the 255

The 300 and the 310 tend to have a "wet" tone verging on annoying at times with the factory set up. This is due much to the bridge. The bridge they come with plays fine but is terribly over built and really not designed correctly at all. I don't know where they came up with the bridge design but it is not correct. On that note I have fit both the 300 and the 310 with a custom bridge for testing and they sound much, much more gypsy. With a proper bridge and some time taken for bridge tuning the tone became nice and try with a great mid bark.

Another difference between the 300 and the 310 is a top plate and back arch. The 310 has a more pronounced arching. Even with the factory bridge the 310 has a touch more gypsy tone to it but this comes out in both models when set up correctly.

300 = gold hardware
    310 = silver hardware

Both are great guitars for the price. If you want the best tone out of them spend the extra money and get a proper bridge built.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • valdaevaldae new orleansNew
    Sorry I didn't scroll down far enough before I made my post on this same query. This is exactly what I wanted to know, Josh.

I haven't been here in so long I've forgotten how to delete a post. Could you get rid of it for me, Josh.

Both guitars seems good bang for the buck, though I'm more interested i the Lulo, especially with a good set up.
    "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." - Plutarch
  • valdaevaldae new orleansNew
    Sorry I didn't scroll down far enough before I made my post on this same query. This is exactly what I wanted to know, Josh.

I haven't been here in so long I've forgotten how to delete a post. Could you get rid of it for me, Josh.

Both guitars seems good bang for the buck, though I'm more interested i the Lulo, especially with a good set up.
    "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." - Plutarch