DjangoBooks.com

Selmer 607 / Anniversary songs

wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
in Welcome Posts: 1,457
Enjoying the new album so far :)
Favourite tracks are vamp, a bicyclette .. Antoine kind of stole the show!
Anyone know who is the player on anniversary song (track 6)? On my copy that track was uncredited. It sounds like it could be Seb but I'm not 100% sure.
Anyway, recommend this one - some of the other 607 CDs were a bit too heavy on the fromage, but this one's swingin' nicely
If there's another one one day, I would love to see Samy invited as a guest
BucoterrassieradrianBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,457
    Here's the yves montand tune, btw

Kreesuspickitjohn
  • ronzo4600ronzo4600 PNWNew Eimer's, Lebreton & Selmer
    Abdsolutely beautiful!!!!!
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    My God... that's so... wow. Listening to it sort of felt like reading a good book and getting to an interesting part where you start to lean forward and consume the words rather than just read them. Music does many things, but when it draws the listener in like this, it's very special.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • What @Bob Holo said x 2......magic Thanks for posting @Wim Glenn
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    edited December 2016 Posts: 541
    Spotify has two Selmer #607 albums available for listening. Off topic, I noticed a bunch of GJ music fell off spotify within the last week or two. The "Jazz Manouche" playlist has been decimated... :(

Edit: the Jazz Manouche playlist (by Aleksander Sanvik) is back up. Must have been a glitch...
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    edited December 2016 Posts: 243
    @Wim Glenn Where were you able to purchase the album? I didn't see it on iTunes or Amazon. According to the website, it won't be available until February 17.
    http://www.selmer607.com/
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    Check this out!
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,457
    @Wim Glenn Where were you able to purchase the album? I didn't see it on iTunes or Amazon. According to the website, it won't be available until February 17.

It was a digital download from supporting their kisskissbankbank project. That's like the french version of what north americans call "kickstarter".

Here's the link, not sure if you can still get it or not since the project is finished ...

https://www.kisskissbankbank.com/fr/projects/selmer-607-jazz-manouche?utm_campaign=new_news_email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=user_mailer
    Looks like I'll have to wait for the official release. Collection completed on October 12, 2016
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    edited December 2016 Posts: 795
    I ordered the CD off the website on Dec 6th and received it today. Haven't listened yet but saw this thread and thought I would mention it can be ordered.
    EDIT: At the request of bohemewarbler, I went back to the Selmer 607 website and tried the steps I used to buy the CD off the site. Found the link to purchase is no longer active. Elsewhere on the site, it says the official release is in February :-( I must have gotten in under the radar somehow. Sorry for the bum steer.