DjangoBooks.com

Wonderful article about Lang and Crosby

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
in Eddie Lang Club Posts: 1,855
Wow! How did I miss this back in October? Eddie Lang fans, you are in for a real treat!

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/exclusive-the-musical-partnership-of-eddie-lang-and-bing-crosby/60310
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• scotscot Virtuoso
    Awesome - that video of "Please" is beyond cool!
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,855

Indeed it is, Scot!

But here are a couple of my personal Crosby-Lang faves that didn't make the cut...

"I Kiss Your Hand, Madame"

Dig Lang's sublime harmony with Bing's vocal. (BTW, that's not Venuti on violin, though a pretty good imitation... alas, I can't presently remember the guy's name...)

"Paradise"

Less is more! Oh, what Lang can do with just a few simple chords when the rest of the orchestra falls silent...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Quite a treat indeed.