DjangoBooks.com

Django’s Gypsy Jazz Secrets | Blog

2»

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    conscious repetition leads to revelation...information is not nearly as relevant as the conscious practice of the action itself...

:)
  • Well presented Michael Clear and to the point
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • fourowlsfourowls Brisbane, Queensland, AustraliaNew Petrarca Grande Bouche
    I didn't realize that I had come to a Philosopher's corner,,,,wow! Gypsy Jazz it seems to be more than just music obviously!
  • roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    Wow! Looking forward to hearing some of your playing. I personally wouldn''t want to attempt philosophy with one owl much less four!
    All the best to you fourowl.
    Hehe..well I am a Doctor of Philosophy student so I guess I can get carried away. I just wish my GJ technique was as dedicated! Nice to meet you too!
    Andrew from Brisbane, Australia!
  • roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    :) All in good fun. Cool on the studies...I've spent a good chunk of life interested in the mind-body relationship thus my way of talking/thinking.
    Be well Andrew.
    PS..I personally think the Altimiras are the best under $1K guitars out there. Some of the Ciganos aren't so bad at $300ish.
    :) All in good fun. Cool on the studies...I've spent a good chunk of life interested in the mind-body relationship thus my way of talking/thinking.
    Be well Andrew.
    PS..I personally think the Altimiras are the best under $1K guitars out there. Some of the Ciganos aren't so bad at $300ish.
    Howdy! I do have a Dell'arte Pigalle but am gassing for a nice Altamira Grande Bouche and they look awesome and as you mentioned for the under a grand (well here in Australia by the time you ship one in and dollar conversion it adds up to about $1500 sadly). I did have a Paris made Gallato (Geronimo Mateos was the luthier) but amazingly I just didn't like it. I think in reality, I am not a big fan of too 'dry' a tone (okay just revealed my GJ newness and lack of understanding!). I have found a bit more wet tone, or more bass/mids my type of thing! I like a Favino type of voicing too