DjangoBooks.com

GJ musicians in Pittsburgh pa

b7everb7ever New
edited October 2016 in Welcome Posts: 23
Any GJ musicians in Pittsburgh, PA? The scene seens a bit dry here. Looking to practice with musicians that are in the area.
gypsesax23?

Comments

• PA-AndyPA-Andy Pennsylvania New Dupont md 100
    Yes. I play gypsy jazz. In squirell hill
    Sick for Django
  • b7everb7ever New
    That's great. We will have to connect. I currently get together with a group of jazz musicians in East Liberty. Let's set up a session sometime
  • PA-AndyPA-Andy Pennsylvania New Dupont md 100
    Cool. Email me your contact info. [email protected]
    Sick for Django
  • Russell LetsonRussell Letson Prodigy
    I just checked to see whether the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern still runs its Tuesday open mike--it does. I used to drop in when we spent time in Pittsburgh (haven't for six years), when it was mostly singer-songwriter/folky folk, but the stage would certainly accommodate a GJ trio. And the food is great.
  • b7everb7ever New
    Thanks for the tip, Russell! If you play at all, by contact is [email protected]. I would be interested in practicing.
  • Russell LetsonRussell Letson Prodigy
    Afraid our Pittsburgh-visiting days ended when my wife's parents passed away a few years back. I do miss the town, which over four decades I came to know better than any other big city other than Minneapolis. Do check out the Bloomfield Tavern, though, if only for the excellent Polish food. (When I played the open mike there, I always brought back an order of pierogies for my wife.)
  • b7everb7ever New
    Russell, so sorry to hear. I have been to that Tavern a few times. Best perogies in town. I do know about the open mic but haven't been there for it. Thanks and be well.
  • EliCelloEliCello New
    I’m moving to Pittsburgh soon.
    I play cello.. Would be interested in playing with you all!
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Bloomfield Tavern is gone... Boo! Sounded like a nice place to check out on our next trip to PGH. :/

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2017/10/20/Pittsburgh-Bloomfield-Bridge-Tavern-Closing-Saturday-A-final-Na/stories/201710200204
  • dm7b5dm7b5 New Orleans, LA
    Any Pittsburgh area gj jam sessions going on?