DjangoBooks.com

Anyone ever heard of Adam Weston guitars??

My brother picked up a guitar from a music shop in Kent, England which on its inner label says that it was made by a maker from Walthamstow, London called Adam Weston. It also has written in pen on the label "Diz Disley" (I am assuming that this is what he called the model, and isn't a guitar that was once owned by Diz which he decided to write his name inside...). On the headstock, there is a W in gold script. I love the guitar, plays very nicely with traditional design and sound. My brother paid around 300-400 pounds which I consider a bargain. It's clearly hand built to a good standard, needs some adjustments now but after a visit to a luthier it will be a great guitar. I'm sorry I don't have the ability to give photos. I have tried to research this guitar and have found absolutely zip. I estimate it is at least 20 years old, and as such the maker never had a website.

I know it's a long shot as there are many independent makers out there, but has anyone ever come across a guitar made by this dude? I'd like a little more information on a guitar that I've grown pretty fond of.

Comments

• t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    What size/shape is the soundhole?
  • OwlCaponeOwlCapone New
    I will eventually be able to upload images, just not at present.

T-bird, good question - I should have mentioned that this is an oval soundhole which is distinctly larger than that of most other oval holes I've seen. I'm not all that experienced with lots of different guitars but I'm pretty sure the whole on this one is larger than usual.
  • OwlCaponeOwlCapone New
    don't know how I missed this, but on the inside label it says 1984. Yep, the soundhole is very similar to that one being sold, although it is not nearly as large and round as the one Diz is playing in the bottom video! Thanks for the info
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Looks like a youthful Martin Taylor playing rhythm in the Diz Disley video.
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    edited September 2016 Posts: 119
    I am guessing you and/or your brother are in possession of a very special guitar. If you PM me, we can exchange info and I can post pics if you text them to me.