Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

VBoose RLW abluesky Repassažanka Malcolm26K

Related Discussions

Who's Online (2)

• jonpowl 11:51AM
  • richter4208 11:51AM

Dallas Baumgartner Documentary

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Altamira M30, Gitane DG-370, Wide Sky PL-1
Just found this:

tarantoga

Comments

• Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    edited September 2016
    Just saw this. This cut of the film is not the released version. It was an alternate put together by the director after Dallas had him legally barred from using the film because of legal issues and it paints him in a less than flattering light which is a shame.

I lived in a caravan with Dallas for 6 months and I got close to the family. His step father is one of Lousson's sons so I was literally in ground zero and learned a lot about Django and Joseph and the rest of the family that most people don't know. When Lousson's sister Kali died I was in their camp during the two day wake and met Choti and Gagoug and other members of the family. This is one of my most cherished experiences and one I continue to learn from.

I'm really proud of the album we recorded with Ghali Hadefi on bass and Aurore Voilque on violin. It'll be released on Hot Club Records at some point in the not-too-distant future. Michael Dregni has signed on to write the liner notes. The album is aggressive and very raw and everyone who has heard it has flipped out wanting more. I'll keep everyone posted on its status.

Anyway, I had to respond.

Best,

TeddyG

PS: for you Cyrille-Aime fans; it was Dallas younger brother Loumpie who first pushed her to pursue singing. :)
    alton
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    I watched quite a bit of it for not knowing any French, is there subtitles up? I've never heard of Dallas, very nicely shot video though, Would like to watch it with subtitles eventually
  • Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    I thought I'd seen one with subtitles, but I can't remember where. I'll look through my archives to see if I've got one.

bbd80e7p68op.jpg