DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Musicians In China

I just moved to China and I'm looking to jam with any local GJ players. I'm living in Shenzhen but I'm just a stones throw away from Hong Kong.
Tagged:

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,457
    Doug Martin should know the scene there pretty well, he lived (lives?) in China for some time. Contact -> Hot club of Beijing
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Hi there! Yes I am in Beijing. There are not really many gypsy jazz pickers here in Beijing with the exception of my band basically. There are a few guys in Shanghai too. Other than that I have no idea either. I've been in China back and forth since 2003. There are really not that many GJ players but you never know. Every once and a while somebody pops up. I had a local guy contact me earlier this year for lessons. Dude shows up with a Vielle Reserve! In the South where you are, I really don't know of any.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    a pal of mine just moved to china for a year, he plays gypsy jazz clarinet and sings nicely too... not sure where he went, will find out...
  • RoriawanRoriawan New

Hi there!

I'm looking for some gypsy jazz band that can perform in a gypsy festival in Shanghai next April.

EtienneJEANNE
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator

Allison Zhen is from Shenzhen and he plays some Gypsy Jazz. I think I’ll be playing Shanghai in March with Duved Dunayevsky

• gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman

I live in Beijing and play several gigs a month here. I occasionally travel to Shanghai to play as well.

www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone