DjangoBooks.com

who's the woman on the phone in this picture of Django?

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    Nyruss wrote: »
    I will be talking to Paulette soon and intend to get as many stories down as possible. Even though she was his interpreter, it's also possible that she could have modeled for him. That's one of the questions on my list.

Great!! Look forward to hearing from you.

• Wonderful.....
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    I am Paulette Girard and yes. This is my photo. You may contact me at [email protected] I am going to be 93 this November and would be happy to speak with anyone who'd like to listen. Best, - P
    adrianwimpickitjohnMarkA
    It is the singer Sonia Dimitrivitch or Dimitrievitch or Dimitrievich (I've seen all these spellings of her surname). This photo and a couple of others were taken in Django's hotel room in the USA in 1946. I have been assured she was there for purely artistic reasons. :roll:

He apparently carried this copy of the photo with him:-

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2948&t=1
    No. Sonia was not in that room or at tha photo shoot.
    It is the singer Sonia Dimitrivitch or Dimitrievitch or Dimitrievich (I've seen all these spellings of her surname). This photo and a couple of others were taken in Django's hotel room in the USA in 1946. I have been assured she was there for purely artistic reasons. :roll:

He apparently carried this copy of the photo with him:-

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2948&t=1
    No. Sonia was not in that room or at tha photo shoot.

That was also me holding his guitar in the other shot to which you are referring.
    @ Teddy Dupont - Sonia Dimitrievitch was my godmother.The woman in the picture is not Sonia.
    Thank you. There are too many misinformed people posting photos of me with your gotdmother's name on it. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Elliot wrote: »
    Nice finish...French Polish, or Russian-Polish?

I was looking at the better condition version and discovered that this must be an artists' model and so this is a classic photo portrait of the Artist on break time - you can see a painting of her on the easel which I suppose was done by Django.

Nope wrong again I was his personal assistant from 1944-1946!
    NonepickitjohnMarkA
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thank so much for sharing these souvenirs with us!
    My what a turn this thread took.
    To hear from the actual person?
    Wow!
    Thank you.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yes thanks so much for sharing!