DjangoBooks.com

Michel Warlop

BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
edited July 2006 in History Posts: 527
Hi all,

I found an interesting article about Michel Warlop on the web:

impunitezero.dyndns.org/douai/Warlop.doc

It is a word document and you cannot click directly on the link above to get it. But if you copy the link into your browser you will get the document.

Best,
Barengero

Comments

• clausciclausci RomaNew
    very interesting,also cause he tell some of the works of this fantastic violinist
    i copy:
    His compositions during these years were noteworthy, especially his masterwork “Swing Concerto”. This was written for a large orchestra in 1942, saw public performance, and was recorded, but not until 1989 was it released (by Daniel Nevers) to the public.

it s possible to find this work in some way??

i love his playng but i have really few stuff of him :(
    Claudio
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Hi Claud,

unfortunately I don´t know where to find "Swing concerto". It is not on the CD "Michel Warlop: Modernistic" (Jazz Archives N° 79) by Daniel Nevers.

I couldn´t find it on "Jazz de Scene Vol.2" and it is not on "Jazz de Scene Vol.3" by Daniel Nevers. This two CDs has been published in the "JazzTime" Series on the EMI Label in 1990. There is only Warlop´s "The Continental" and "Miss Otis regrets" on Vol. 2.

Maybe that the "Swing Concerto" is included in the "Jazz de Scene Vol. 1" which I don´t have.

I am not sure if there has been a "Speciale Michel Warlop" in the EMI - "JazzTime Series". Btw does anybody know a complete discography of the "JazzTime Series"? This would be very appreciated!

Best,
    Barengero
  • clausciclausci RomaNew
    thanks a lot
    i didn t know all this editions wich includes warlop stuff
    there is also other editions available?
    if you can send me a pm or tell me something about ia appreciate

ciao
    Claudio
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Hi folks,

recently I came across the "Jazz Time series Vol. 6: Michel Warlop". Indeed you can find the complete "Swing Concerto Vol. I+II" there. Of course this CD is out of print now.

Best,
    Barengero