DjangoBooks.com

Danse Norvégienne

in Technique Posts: 220
Hey guys,

i like to tell my students to put technique as a tool for musicality, and not using technique at all cost as a substitute for musicality. It can be hard to do on fast tempos, but it's a good practise to do on ballads.

I've tryed to do it here on tour in Spain with my band on this version of Danse Norvégienne. Hope you'll like it. (sorry the sound isn't perfect but it was an acoustic gig, recorded with the cell phone).

If some of you guys are in Paris in may will be playing on the 18th, come have a listen !!

cheers,

Romain

db5

Comments

and for those who have facebook : https://www.facebook.com/romainvuilleminquartet
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Lovely, one of my favourite tunes and one that - IMHO - is not played enough at jams. I think it's as you say a great tune for practising and devloping musicality.
    always learning
    yes indeed, it's the kind of tempo in which you can improvise a lot, you won't need any lick, and if you do use a lick after some nice improvised melody it might even sound floppy even to you.. (well it depend on the lick, but i think i didn't put any of my licks here in that version.. which is more difficult to do on a 250bpm standard)
  • roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    Dude!! I dig your album and playing...you have a sincere energy and a infectious vibe....Keep spreading the light!!
    Roch Lockyer
    cheers man !! i appreciate the comment !! if you want to be informed of the gigs, and latest videos etc you can subscribe to the channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7z3SS3VcbCNQsk3TMGzoRA
    and/or the fan page facebook : www.facebook.com/romainvuilleminquartet

And in case you're in Paris in May we'll be playing at the Sunset jazz club on May 18th !!

Cheers