DjangoBooks.com

asian dell'arte-is it ok for beginner?

rafapakrafapak ✭✭
in Technique Posts: 218
Hi guys

I bought asian dell'arte homage guitar. I don't have any knowledge about gypsy jazz guitars and never knew those guitars were made in China. If i knew before I wouldn't buy one I think. I should have read some threads on djangobooks earlier but unfortunately I didn't. I know those guitars don't have positive reviews but I wonder if they can be ok for beginner player who wants to start learning gypsy jazz style?

Comments

• rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    thanks for reply
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    I like my Dell Arte DG-H1 - as long as yours is set up well, they are decent guitars. I believe that although they were made in China, they were finished and set up in the US (at least the ones bought here in the US)
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    thanks for replies
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I've said it before and I'll say it again my Chinese made Gitane DG250m is a better guitar than my Dupont Busato.
    always learning
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,730
    I think it's been said that those Dell'arte guitars are built by the same people who build Altamira guitars. Neither have bad reviews, quite the opposite. Supposedly Altamira is a better bang for the buck, and I read Michael H say they are the best GJ guitars coming from Asia, but then again a good set up here by people of Dell'arte could be well worth the extra money.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel