DjangoBooks.com

Can anyone recommend a good version of Nuages with vocals?

2»

Comments

• That is the strangest thing I have ever heard From Fapy.
    Carlo Gentenaar
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited February 2016 Posts: 768
    One of the best I know is the Mike Ferro version in Cd "Django by Ferro" (Bluest kind of blues)

you can hear it here https://archive.org/details/Episode1105-LaOtraOrillawww.radiodespi.com it begins at 19:20

but it's played with an orchestra and not with a small combo
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    Yes, and what is the clarinettist doing during the intro? What a clown. It's a musical performance not a circus.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I can't bear to listen to that thing with Fapy. I once heard a chap singing Nuages in Le Q in London, said he had written English lyrics. These were - frankly - shit. Personally I prefer it as an instrumental piece.

always learning
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    This isn't Nuages, but I got a link the other day from Kevin Nolan of this nice live version of Kim Hoorweg singing Si Tu Vois Ma Mere with the Robin Nolan Trio. Some really nice female jazz vocalists are coming out of the Netherlands.

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Did anyone catch the Archie Shepp version in 2004 or 2005 at samois- his lyrics were just amazing!
  • db5db5 New
    There is a lovely version on the Robin Nolan album called Rendezvous at the Nightery. Brandi Shearer singing en francais. Beautiful voice and playing from Robin on this track.
    Barkonator