DjangoBooks.com

Wegan wear

DragonPLDragonPL Maryland✭✭ Dupont MD 50-XL (Favino), Michael Dunn Stardust, Castelluccia Tears, Yunzhi gypsy jazz guitar, Gitane DG-320, DG-250M and DG-250
I use and love the Twins (2.5mm) and GP250, love the initial tone and the grip, but I wear out the beveled edge pretty much after 3-4 days of playing, which looses the initial brightness and tone.
Anyone can recommend a comparable longer lasting pick?

Comments

• The only pick I know of that doesnt seem to wear noticably is Blue Chip.

Maybe try the big city wegens if you like a bevel, bit thinner but cheaper. Dulops are throwaway each gig cheap.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Second on the Blue Chips. Don't lose them. Also, you can use fine grit sandpaper to try to get that edge back.
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Wegen BigCity 1.8mm, which is what Stochelo uses.

I find that they become better when worn in. In the beginning they are too pointy and "sharp", but after a few days they are rounded off perfectly for a balanced tone and remains so for a very long time.

Apparently, Dunlop Gators are all the rage now and they are cheap in bulk. Most people seem to prefer the 1.5 but they also go up to 2.0 which is closer to what you are already using.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,730
    I ask my wife to get me these 6 sided nail files that go from rough to buffer with everything in between and used them successfully to put a new bevel on the couple of pics where I wanted rounder tip.
    If you like brighter tone it sounds like you just need to give it a few passes over the bvel to buff it out.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    I'm with a Amund: I think I like the Wegans better after a little breaking in.