DjangoBooks.com

Looking for feedback (better quality video and a better outfit) - Minor Swing

Hi everyone!

After getting some complaints on the quality of the video I posted (and about my shorts), I decided to make a better video and dress appropriately.

As I said before, I've been playing gypsy-jazz for a couple of years now, and I was hoping for some feedback on my playing :)

To see the new video please visit:

Thanks!

Danny

Comments

But I miss the shorts man!

In a few jams I heard you I always thought you're a fine player and this sounds good too, you are far from a beginner in Gypsy jazz.
    Although this take is too fast for my taste. Maybe if I listen to as Minor Swing done bebop speed, but I'd have to really get used to it.
    Danny Markovitch Slor
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • It sounds fine to me.
  • Here is another song. This time On the Sunny Side of the Street:
    Jehu
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Nicely done. I'm not a sax player so can't comment on technique/etc.
  • Finally had time for a real listen with my grade phones. I love the sound of a curvy sop. You two were Really clipping along on MS. I Really enjoyed the feel you guys got on Sunny side. The balance was fine. I really enjoyed your chord voicings.

For non sax players playing a sop with good intonation and crisp chops as in the clips ain't easy.

Really well done guys. I'd come and listen any time. And much easier on the brain watching and listening to it synced.

As far as clothes, well, when you play like that you could wear anything, or nothing for that matter.
    JehuDanny Markovitch SlorBuco
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • After You've Gone.
    Jehu
  • Sweet.....you two have a lot of fun together
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed