DjangoBooks.com

I love learning Louis Armstrong solo's!

manushemanushe South Louisiana✭✭✭ Lulo's Gitane
Django was a huge fan of Armstrong b/c Pops was the best. His solo's are not easy to transfer over to guitar but I found one song that worked well...12th Street Rag. Armstrong does lots of things that can't be done with a guitar but its fun trying to come up with ways to portray the feeling he was going for. Hopefully I can attach a video of my shot at 12th St Rag. I mimic his solo until 1:10, afterward is improvisation. I highly recommend learning Louis Armstrong riffs.
alton

Comments

• altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    What a great idea! I only wish that I could say as much with so few notes as he did...
  • manushemanushe South Louisiana✭✭✭ Lulo's Gitane
    He was a master! Looks like the video didn't work. Here is a link to the video I posted on YouTube.
    None
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    You and Django both! You can really hear the Armstrong influence on the early recordings.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Very cool, thanks!