DjangoBooks.com

String Gauge swap at Django in June ?

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 561
Hey there,

So, I just switched from playing with Argentine lights(10's) to playing with the medium (11's). As it is, I have many spare strings in the 10, light size, that I don't need. If anyone else recently made the switch back the other way, maybe you want to exchange some of the mediums you have left over? I have several of pretty much each string except the D string (I think I'm out of those).

Anthony

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Anthony, if you have any complete sets of 10s (loop end) I would swap for some 11s.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Here is my inventory - 6 low E strings ; 6 A strings: 3 G strings (the string not the underwhere hehe); 9 B strings; 2 High E strings. I have NO D strings.

Basically, I generally only change strings when they break or go dead. If you have a similarly odd combination of 11's that you won't use since you recently switched to lights, let's talk at DIJ.

Anthony
  • I'll likely trade some with you.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Doesn't work for me, but if anyone needs to swap some loop end 10s for 11s, look me up. Sorry, no ball ends.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles