DjangoBooks.com

Dupont MD-100 Feedback?

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
Well into my second year in Gypsy Jazz and am thinking about new guitars. It seems people on the forum either love or aren't crazy about Dupont guitars. I've read reviews, listened to videos but need more info on the affordable MD-100, french spruce top, mahogany back and sides w/case for around $3000. I really enjoyed the sound and look of Pazzo's (Paul Mehling of HCSF) Dupont when I attended a workshop in Jan. and in concert in March. But of course it was probably a more expensive model. Please speak up MD-100 owners.

Comments

• Dupont is consistently good from model to model. As with any guitar, it would be preferable to put one in your hands if possible prior to buying. I've played two MD-100s and they both were nice guitars.

MichaelHorowitzStringswinger
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Jon, PM me. Pazzo is a friend of mine. We have played many gigs tigether and I have played both of his Duponts, and own two of my own. I have some info for you regarding these guitars. IMO, folks who put down Duponts don't know what they are talking about.
    MichaelHorowitz
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I've played a couple of Dupont 100's and my rhythm player owns an MDC100 and it is a very nice guitar. I have a 60 myself and absolutely love it, I handpicked it from a bunch of other Duponts, which were all very good guitars.
    I followed Stringswinger advice for getting a Dupont and don't regret it in the least. Thanks Marc!
    StringswingerMichaelHorowitz
  • Haven't played many other DJ guitars but own Dupont MD 30 and it's a fantastic guitar in every way. I lucked into a great deal but was poised to buy a MD 100 as I figured it was the best deal for the price. I strongly considered the Nomade, but thought I may want more later. I don't think you could go wrong with it!