DjangoBooks.com

Grapelli Soundtrack to May Fools (Milou en Mai)

mmaslanmmaslan Santa Barbara, CANew
edited March 2006 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 87
Last night I watched this movie by Louis Malle and discovered that it has a lovely soundtrack by Stephane Grapelli w/ Martin Taylor on guitar. I think the movie's from the 70s. It's also a wonderful movie--a comedy about may 68 as refracted through the doings of a family gathered for a funeral at their country estate. It doesn't have a thing to do with the music, but it is priceless.

I imagine there are other such soundtracks out there, no?

Comments

• stochestoche ParisNew
    Hi,
    Actually the movie is from 1990...
    Grappelli made also the soundtrack from "Les Valseuses" (B. Blier with a young Depardieu) which is very good. And the movie (this one from 74) is really fun as well... Grappelli used to say he was a bit shocked by the script (the word "valseuses" is rather evocating the masculine anatomy than the 3/4 music...), but he finally did it!

Bye
    stoche
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Off topic, but I watched Le Cercle Rouge a couple weeks ago and was surprised to see Andre Ekyan listed as one of the actors in the credits. Anyone know if he made other movies?

John