DjangoBooks.com

Name of song performed by Häns'che Weiss Ensemble (1991)?

KarloKarlo Croatia✭✭ Cigano
in Repertoire Posts: 13
I assume it is probably of Russian origin (both by the sound of it and judging by a comment below). And it reminds me of so many things... But I don't really know what, or its name. Perhaps some other ensemble such as Cigani Ivanovići (Les Tsiganes Ivanovitch) performed it:

So that's the request for help. For those who like it, there is also another youtube upload from this session where they play Sanie cu zurgalai, or - as it is known in the ex-Yugoslavian region - Kada padne prvi sneg, or Johnny (Tu n'es pas un ange) everywhere else. De man devla ...

Thanks in advance for any info!
Karlo
Tagged:

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    well, that dialect of romani is definitely not sinti. the playing style does sound russian... certainly from some eastern european region close to russia
    Karlo
  • KarloKarlo Croatia✭✭ Cigano
    Thanks, Dennis. I'm not knowledgeable at all about romani languages but it certainly sounds different from the one I'm used to hearing in "Balkan" (ex-Yugoslavian) gypsy songs too (although less different than sinti). Anyhow, in the meantime I have not found out how the song is called, so any help is appreciated.

Not to open a new topic: I have the same request for another song played by Antoine (and Sébastien) Boyer and Daisy Castro at Samois 2011. It's so sweet and familiar, the theme over a certainly balkan rhythm (from Turkey to Bosnia) and some sort of slow swinging B section a la Šaban Bajramović. And how sweet is Boyer's playing? I feel like I could learn a lot from him.

Does anybody have a name, or any sort of clue?

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    "Nuits de Nador" by Francis-Alfred Moerman. Here is a live version of Moerman:

BucoKarlo
    Bopster, thank you very much! That really made me happy.

Naturally, now that you've told me, I can't believe Moerman didn't even come to mind, even though Antoine Boyer builds upon the tradition. There's much to learn, to listen...
    In case anyone else is/was interested, I have found out the title of that Russian song (which was the original inquiry). Turns out I should have simply done my Russian gypsy songs homework, really.

It's called Ručiok, and in another instance Čergajori (Ruciok and Chergaiori if the letters don't display right). Here's one take by Cigani Ivanoviči (led by the son of Žarko Jovanović, the composer of Djelem, djelem):