DjangoBooks.com

Influence of gypsy jazz and video of Autumn Leaves

Comments

• MikkoKarhulaMikkoKarhula Helsinki, Finland✭✭ Manouche Orchestre 14-fret D-hole #134
    Buco wrote: »
    Holly cow! Mikko, you kick ass in a big way.
    There's a fluidity in your playing that I find incredible, the notes, phrases and pauses just pour in a continuous stream.
    With all that flamboyance in your playing there's still modesty in your words above, very cool.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I'm speechless! Thank you!

Buco
  • Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    Mikko, where has the video gone?
    The link he put up below original post still works. Still wows me the same and then some.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. It's not working for me on my ipad2.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
  • VeedonFleeceVeedonFleece London✭✭ Altamira M01D
    Mikko, that is such beautiful playing and such a creative approach to that well-worn (if much-loved) tune! It's amazing that after all these years and all the versions that have been played and recorded, musicians are still coming up with personal, insightful, moving takes on the melody. I guess that's the beauty of jazz...
    BucoMikkoKarhula
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,730

see if this works just in case Mikko went to winter hibernation in Finland ;)
    MikkoKarhula
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MikkoKarhulaMikkoKarhula Helsinki, Finland✭✭ Manouche Orchestre 14-fret D-hole #134
    Buco wrote: »

see if works just in case Mikko went to winter hibernation in Finland ;)

Thank you all for taking care of my video.:) I haven't changed anything related to this video. I don't know what has happened.
    Yes, I would be happy if I went to hibernation.:) There is lot of resting needed here.:)

Happy New Year!
    Buco
    Mikko, that is such beautiful playing and such a creative approach to that well-worn (if much-loved) tune! It's amazing that after all these years and all the versions that have been played and recorded, musicians are still coming up with personal, insightful, moving takes on the melody. I guess that's the beauty of jazz...

Thanks a lot!

In past I have practiced a lot, made transcriptions and so on. After having my second child I haven't got so much time to all this. So maybe I have tried prioritize my time that's left for music and just play what I feel inside. I think Finns are overall quite nature-related people and so am I. I get lot of my inspiration from nature.