DjangoBooks.com

Aylward Petite Bouche Value??

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
I played the Aylward (appears to be 5-10 years old) petite bouche again this T'giving and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. It is a consignment item and has been in the shop over a year, probably 8.5 on a 10 condition scale, with a case, clear pickguard and big tone pick up. It has a couple of dings on the bottom, some small marks on the spruce top, a possible 1" grain very minor separation (crack) near the tail piece, a little fret wear, sounds quite nice with a good neck. I'm not sure what kind of tail piece or tuners, but they look pretty good. If anybody knows what Rob is using, I would appreciate knowing. Asking price is $2500 + 8% tax. Personally, I don't think the condition nor my ability level merits that kind of price. I'm thinking of an offer somewhere around $1600 + tax. Does anybody have any thoughts on the value of the guitar? I know it is difficult to estimate sight unseen, but any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• shaunshaun
    To be honest Rob Aylward is the best kept secret in Selmer building. His reputation is for taking his time but producing a fantastic piece. Waiting times of 18-24 months seem to be the norm but the quality is up there with Holo and Hahl. A player/ Luthier put me on to Rob some years ago saying he wanted an Aylward because of the quality - And thats coming from a guy who builds them! Price wise these things are very affordable, if you have the patience to wait, so if you have an off the shelf chance grab it. I have a sneeking feeling that Aylward guitars will become very collectable very soon.
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    this guitar built by Mr Aylward sounds awsome to my ears
  • terrassierterrassier France
    Tim has a great touch :)