DjangoBooks.com

My own thread on transcriptions, hotjazzplaying and so on..

Comments

• Welcome to the forum. As you are finding out its a pretty fine group here.
    a_onarheim
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • a_onarheima_onarheim Stavanger, Norway✭✭ Gitane DG-255, Godin Session Custom TP
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13
    Some Grant Green for ya. I think his lines sounds nice on the Gitane.

• MattHenryMattHenry Washington, DC✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing these clips, Andreas. Point the camera straight at the guitar in the future so it's easy for me to see what your left hand is doing. That angle is cool looking but your fingers get in the way of seeing what fret you're on, which makes it harder to learn licks from.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!
  • jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
    At work and unable to watch your Grant Green video right now, but I certainly do admire seeing and hearing people keep his music alive. I love me some Green.
  • a_onarheima_onarheim Stavanger, Norway✭✭ Gitane DG-255, Godin Session Custom TP
    Thanks for the headsup MattHenry, will do! Maybe I'll do the Green-piece one more time tomorrow even:) Indeed jazzygtr, to be honest his stuff is quite new to me and I just love the way he played:)
    jazzygtr
    Can I share my self-written transcriptions sheet music here? I didn't find any rules on this. I mostly pick things up by ear and transcribe after to have it documented if I forget stuff or just want to practice some lines for my own improvisations input, but I'd feel they'd be more useful if I could share them with this great community.
  • Please share.
  • jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
    a_onarheim wrote: »
    Indeed jazzygtr, to be honest his stuff is quite new to me and I just love the way he played :)

Check out or buy The Complete Quartets With Sonny Clark for some of my favorite Grant Green. GREAT album!!! Enjoy!!!
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13
    Ok, first transcription I'd like to share with you:
    This is one I'm working on, Adrien Moignards(my hero nowadays) first soloround of "How High The Moon" on the "All The Way" - album. The second round is some of my own ideas(and steals of course).

Ok, first transcription I'd like to share with you:
    This is one I'm working on, Adrien Moignards(my hero nowadays) first soloround of "How High The Moon" on the "All The Way" - album. The second round is some of my own ideas(and steals of course).

Here's me playing the Moignard-round at a slow tempo:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_fiVACeGZ4