DjangoBooks.com

Eastman Gypsy Guitars Coming

Comments

• JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
    @JSanta not sure, I'll ask my contacts at Eastman and see where they're at with it.

Thanks Michael! I'm a big fan of Eastman guitars, so if these are faithful in tone and construction, I would be tempted to get one instead of something like the Altamira for my next guitar.

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    This is very interesting news. I had an Eastman AR805CE archtop for a while that was an exceptional instrument, and I've often regretted letting it go. If their gypsy guitars are of the same quality, they would be well worth whatever they cost.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • lostjohnlostjohn Charleston, WV✭✭ Altamira M01
    This is very good news, indeed. I really like my Altamira a lot, but if Eastman can produce a GJ guitar on a par with their flat tops, and I suspect they eventually will, Altamira, and perhaps some North American and European makers, will have some considerable competition
    Any updates on availability of the new Eastman line?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @JSanta my guess is that it's still years off. I've spoken with a number of people at Eastman and there doesn't seem to be any indication that a Gypsy model will available anytime soon.
    Good to know not to hold my breath!
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Eastman prototype posted online.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @bopster that looks like the old one they sent me years ago. Most likely the new ones will have some changes, possibly some drastic ones.
    Just as I was about to praise you @bopster ...
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel