DjangoBooks.com

Mystery Gypsy Jazz Guitarist/Tune.

Stu BlagStu Blag
edited May 2014 in Welcome Posts: 11
I posted this on Facebook but no one seems to know.
It was on a C-90 cassette i rediscovered a few weeks back.Can't remember its origins.

Just WHO is this? Superb playing whoever it is---and a killer tune i reckon though it sounds almost like an Etude.One of those tunes that gets under your skin.
So any ideas people??

Stu Blag

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Moreno?
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    doesn t have moreno s attack and tone.

the rhythm playing and some of the lines suggest a german player, or eastern france... there s a bit of lulu reinhardt influence there

yet some of the lines (such as the sequenced diminished runs) are not very typical of a Gypsy
    u should ask rigo winterstein on fb. if i m right about the german thing. he might have an idea
  • Stu BlagStu Blag
    Sorry i forget to mention the cassette is justed labelled 'Dutch gypsies' so not German.Definetly not Moreno its too light.
    well the dutch gypsies have lots of close ties to the german gypsies, especially those in northwestern germany. lulu reinhardt himselfmis from france but lived in northwestern german, close to the dutch border, people associate him with the german school... at any rate, this doesnt sound like the waso grunholz school, u can try to ask rino? i would still try asking rigo
  • Stu BlagStu Blag
    I know Lulu Reinhardt lived in Holland and thats where he got to know Rino.I got Menno to ask Feigly and Paulus but they didn't recognise the player.I'll ask Rino and Rigo.
    Cheers
    Let me know if you ever find out!!! I'm quite curious. I'm quite convinced that the player (wherever he's from) has strong ties to Germany or eastern France.
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    wow! i´m curious too now... lovely little tune and super nice, fluid palying.
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    i live in hope we'll find out one day!
    stu
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    good playing! rhythm player is great too. normally I hate to listen to LQ stuff, but this was bearable :)