DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    edited May 2014 Posts: 15
    Hello,

Here are 2 short videos taken in Augsburg Memorial 2014 Django Reinhardt (in Germany), on third of May: Amati and Samson Schmitt are testing the Pêche à la Mouche amps, on Coquette, with Hono Winterstein at rythm guitar, and under Dorado's eye!

Same test here, but Samson alone, with Hono, on September Song:

I really love this 1953 sound!

pa_t
    MichaelHorowitz
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Magnificient sounding amp! But very expensive... I think with a good Stimer and an authentic sounding Selmer copy, you've got THE sound.
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    The amp sounds great, but Hono's le pompe knocks me out. What a solid, driving bed for these guys to solo over. Thanks for posting.
    Swang on,
  • pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    edited May 2014 Posts: 15
    Could be, but original vintage Stimers are very hard to find, even in France, and often in poor condition... That's why I finally bought a Pêche à la Mouche amp and pickup a few years ago, and find they sound great! I really love this warm fat sound; the kind of one Stochelo Rosenberg gets when he uses this amp:

Magnificient sounding amp! But very expensive... I think with a good Stimer and an authentic sounding Selmer copy, you've got THE sound.

• Fat indeed.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Man I must have watched that video about 100 times. Such a great sound. Thanks for reminding me about it...