DjangoBooks.com

Blues en Mineur

sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
edited February 2006 in Pearl Django Play-Along Vol.1 Posts: 415
I think this is a great book. As a beginner in this style, I'm not ready to play much of what's in there, but I think the chords are great, the transcriptions are really clear and accurate, and there are several pieces that even a beginner like me can make music with.

My question is about the minor 6th arpeggio over the Dm6 in the head of "Blues en Mineur". I am still trying to get this under my fingers up to speed, but I'm wondering -- I think it might be easier for me played up around the 4th/5th position rather than going down towards the nut as in the book. This also would let me easily play the song in G, which I think is a common key for this piece. What do others do? Are there any patterns for a m6 arpeggio that any of you prefer?

Thanks in advance,

John

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi John,

The fingering for the Dm6 arp. is the fingering that Django used for that type of arp. I think it's worth having that one down. It's yet another example of a highly efficient horizontal arp.

You're right, that song is more often played in Gm. The Cm arp is pretty similar, but you have more open string to work with.

Good luck!

'm
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Thanks, Michael. That's what I needed to know. Once I've got this arp committed to "muscle memory" I'm sure I'll find other applications for it.

John