DjangoBooks.com

WTB "How I Learned" by Gonzalo Bergara Vol. 1 and/or Vol. 2

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
in Classifieds Posts: 705
Hi, I am looking for a used copy of "How I Learned" by Gonzalo Bergara. If anybody has a worn, used copy and would like to sell it, please PM me. Of course I would rather start with Vol. 1, but would consider both 1 & 2. I can pay via PayPal. THANKS!
Djangobooks is out of stock.

Comments

• Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Have considered contacting Gonzalo directly?
    - JG
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Thanks Joli, I did post to the GBQ Facebook page. I noticed that there are still new ones for sale at http://www.thegbq.com/#blog. I still wouldn't mind picking up a used copy if anybody has one to sell.
    Please disregard my previous post as the link at www.thegbq.com links to Djangobooks.com which is sold out. I'm still looking for used copies.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    [email protected] is his email address. You could see if it is still in print or not.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 1,855
    (Comment deleted as books are now sold.)
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Thanks for the help, found my "How I Learned" by Gonzalo.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    FYI, Jon, I think the intent on those books is to show you how you can create your own 'etudes' based on the chord changes of a particular song. Each one is just a snapshot of what Gonzalo might do on one chorus. At least, that's my interpretation of it.
    Bones, thanks for the info, that is exactly what I need at this stage of my GJ playing. All eighth notes will be just fine for now, I just need some help putting arpeggios together. I have a workshop recording of Gonzalo and I believe he said that he initially worked out lead parts for 7 different songs, then adopted them to other songs. Great idea, I'd just like to have the lead for one song right now.
    Does anybody have the mp3s for the songs from Gonzalo Bergara: How I Learned Vol.1? I found a copy without the CD and would love to have the songs including All of Me, Coquette, Minor Swing, etc. I know they are just eighth notes, but I'm occasionally musically challenged.... By the way, How I Learned is out of print, so hopefully, Gonzalo won't mind if somebody can help me out. MP3s only, do not need the videos, thanks so much. Please PM for my email.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Jon, I'm not sure where my cd went off to (I'll need to search the boxes of stuff in the attic since I took it out of the book for 'safekeeping') but if it is OK with Gonzalo and I can find it I can try to email you the mp3's. Are they mp3s on the cd or would I have to somehow convert them (I'm not super computer savvy)?