DjangoBooks.com

Toulouse, or other warm/dry area?

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 1,471
OK, weird request for info - anyone spend any substantial time in Toulouse/SW France, or the American SW? Need warm, dry conditions generally year around....thanks.

Paul
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I spent some time in Scottsdale, AZ about 20 years ago and thought it was a great little town. haven't been there since, though.
    http://www.experiencescottsdale.com/

If you're looking for the music scene, I met a gent named Chuck at DFNW a few years ago who had a band out there.
    http://www.hotclubofphoenix.com/live/
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    Hi, Paul

Don't know anything about SW France, but I grew up in southern Arizona, south of Tucson. It's generally pretty warm, dry year-round. Not true of all of AZ, though. Phoenix is humid and northern AZ can have big temperature swings, including cold weather.

Life's an adventure, right?
    Lorretta
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 3,707
    I spent a yeAr and a half in Scottsdale AZ in the late 90's its desert so pretty dry.....certainly warmer and drier than France.

Summer is pretty hot there....I recall weeks around 110
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone, much appreciated. Heard many good things of many parts of the SW, including Scotsdale. Coming from California, many fond memories of days on the desert - intensity of everything, color, light, vastnesses. Afraid I've grown very attached to water, and green, however - many years in New England. In the best of all worlds, it would be something like Beaujolais north to the Loire, and east out to the alps. But life has a funny way of asserting nature into our plans, it seems.

Appreciate the thoughts, guys. And if anyone has any experience living in, say, Toulouse, appreciate these as well.

Paul
    -Paul

• tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    central france - south of the loire is cold and dark in the winter - not cold like wisconsin, but 30s and damp and dark; a long hard winter
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 3,707
    Paul....somewhat confused....do you think Toulouse is warm in winter?

From what I know its cloudy and cool for half the year or more.
    Yikes - I'm showing my ignorance, yet again. It might be that Kamlo's there, and other friends are within driving distance.....:( Thanks for disabusing me of the misapprehension, Jay.

I loathe heat, and dry climates, any more. Unfortunately, it seems it might be necessary. Not looking forward to a sirocco howling through the paneling, you know?
    -Paul

• tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    any wind that has a name is one to avoid
    @tomcunn - :) The mistral is enough of names to remember.....!
    -Paul

• The climate here in Victoria is pretty much the same except we get a little more rain and more sunshine