DjangoBooks.com

Italian gypsy jazz youngling

LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
Hello everybody, I'm 21 and I play gypsy jazz for fun since a few years. I've recorded at home a short demo in these days, so I wanted to share it with you fellows! Advices\impressions are warmly welcome. Here it is, hope you'll enjoy it:

Salve a tutti, ho 21 anni e suono gypsy jazz per hobby da un po' di tempo. Di recente ho registrato a casa una piccola demo e mi faceva piacere condividerla con voi appassionati per avere impressioni e\o consigli. La trovate qui, spero vi piaccia:

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,252
    Your hand is full and focused with a nice "weight" in legato passages and good energy and attack in staccato passages, and you don't rush. That's wonderful - and that is really important in this style. Your note-bends are a little overdone at times, but really, it's a small thing. Anyway, it sounds really good. You've heard Tchan Tchou (obviously) and you have that "loping" sense of rhythm, which many of the great old gypsy players have. It's great - don't lose it - it is very vintage sounding. Also, I like the fact that you slow down and enjoy the music. Keep at it, you've made a great start! You have the feeling of the music - so just continue to practice and listen. I would rather have a feel for the music like you - and practice technique, than to have flawless machine-gun technique and need to develop a feel. "Feel" is priceless. Kudos - very strong start.
    LorenzoLeJazzHotmurrayatuptown
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • MacKeaganMacKeagan
    I'll second that which Bob Holo just posted. Molto bene!
    LorenzoLeJazzHotmurrayatuptown
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @LorenzoLeJazzHot

:clap: :clap: :clap:

To be your age with such talent and feeling for the music is marvelous.
    Whatever has gotten you this far, continue. I feel someone with a bit more G J experience will see and hear you, recognize your gift and love of the style and be glad to fan your GYPSY FIRE. :-bd

Thanks for the post and clips.

pick on

pickitjohn
    LorenzoLeJazzHot
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    pretty good! rhythm sections needs a bit more kick on the 1s and 3s but I am enjoying the lead playing
    LorenzoLeJazzHot
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Yes, very enjoyable solo playing and nice sense of rhythm, as Bob H said. Inspiring to hear. Keep up the good work!
    LorenzoLeJazzHot
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Bravo te la cavi veramente bene!
    LorenzoLeJazzHot
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    Hi everybody! I apologize for my late reply. I didn't receive any email notification about this post, so I just thought It had been forgotten... today I found out all your nice comments! Thank you all for your words. I've been studying gypsy jazz in my spare time, so I'm very happy to know that the level I've reached isn't too bad for a beginner :) I'll do my best to let this passion never die and to improve it!

All the best and buona musica! Grazie a tutti ^^
    murrayatuptown
  • MattHenryMattHenry Washington, DC✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great to me. I agree with Wim's comment about more even rhythm.

Keep it up! =)
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    thanks! (I agree with Wim too, I'll try to give more accent on the 1st and the 3rd)
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Nice. How is the scene in Naples/sorrento? I'll be there in August.
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com