DjangoBooks.com

Gallato angelo debarre RS1939 1 question

calòcalò Bilbao, SpainNew
Hello to all, I have the opportunity to buy a gallato angelo debarre rs 1939 Series 1 of 2007, for less than 1000 euro, but I'm hesitating between this or a Gitane dg 255.
I had readed the post fron Josh about the chinesse production of gallato´s,i presume this one is asian, but i´m not sure at all.
I would like to have some help before spending the money in something wrong.
What do you think about it?.

Thanks

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hi caló,
    If you're considering spending around $1000 Euros I'd say wait a little and save just a couple hundred more and get a handmade european guitar Casteluccia, Dupont Nomade or a Mateos.

Geronimo Mateos has his shop in Madrid, seeing as you're in Bilbao you could talk with him and maybe pay him a visit, you could try a bunch of his guitars and walk away with the one you like best.
    He might even be open to negotiate the price or give you some sort of payment plan.

His instruments sound awesome, he does french polishing on all his guitars and his prices start at $1200 euro I believe, model Jazz "B".
    Great guitars and surely much better than a Gitane or Gallato. In fact you might like to know he was the luthier behind the early (the good) Gallatos.

http://www.geronimomateos.com/
  • calòcalò Bilbao, SpainNew
    Thank you BluesBop, you are right, I allready have a gitane d500, so I can wait till I get something right, and Geronimo is close to me.
    Thanks
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Gallato serie 1 were made by Geronimo Mateos...